Saturday, December 26, 2009

Roasted red pepper dip

This is a really simple dip to make for any sort of gathering. I often make it at Christmas time because of its festive coloration, but it's great whenever you need a tasty, easy snack. People often ask for the recipe when I bring it somewhere. I found the recipe for this dip in a Gooseberry Patch (Christmas Book 8 - Sweet red pepper dip) book that my Grandmother gave to me. I changed it slightly.

Roasted red pepper dip
1 cup low-fat sour cream
1 package (the rectangle) of regular or light cream cheese, softened
2 roasted red peppers -- try to get most of the oil off of them if using jarred
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika, plus more for garnish
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ancho chile powder
about 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish

Place all ingredients except the chives in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Place the mixture in a bowl and stir in the tablespoon of chives. Refrigerate for at least one hour (up to overnight) and top with a sprinkling of paprika and reserved chives before serving. The dip is great with any fresh vegetables as well as pretzels, pita chips, etc.

1 comment:

  1. I love pepper flavoured dips. I buy this one red pepper hummus that's really good, and this looks delicious too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!