Saturday, February 6, 2010

Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies

I wanted to make some cookies I could package up to take to my brother as part of his birthday present. I decided on one of my favorites: chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. I love these cookies and usually have most of the needed ingredients on hand. These cookies "sneak" some oats into your chocolate chip cookies for a little extra texture. They also have a touch of cinnamon which make them like a combination of chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal cookies. They are tasty though and never last long. This recipe will make about one dozen cookies.

Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/3 cup fine organic cane sugar (or granulated sugar)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
3/4 cup chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips)


Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture until well combined. Stir in oats, then chocolate chips. 


Roll dough into walnut-sized balls and place 2-inches apart on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake 9-11 minutes, or until lightly golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!