Friday, February 5, 2010

Lime tart with a graham cracker crust

I made this lime tart for my friend M's birthday dessert a couple of weeks ago. The filling was basically the same thing as the filling I used for this lemon tart. The only difference was that instead of lemon juice and zest, I used lime. The crust for the lime tart was a graham cracker crust. It was super simple to make - I just have to get better at pressing the crusts up the sides of my tart pan.

Graham cracker tart crust
1-1/4 cups graham crackers (I used organic ones), finely ground (about 9-10 whole graham crackers)
2 tablespoons fine cane sugar (or granulated sugar)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted


Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Break the graham crackers into small pieces and pulse in a food processor until finely ground and you have 1-1/4 cups. In a medium bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs and sugar with a fork until well blended. Drizzle the butter over the graham cracker mixture and continue mixing with a fork until it's evenly moist. Put the crumb mixture into an ungreased tart pan and press it into the bottom and sides until it's evenly covered (about 1/4 inch thickness). Bake the crust on a baking sheet for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Then add the lime filling (see the above link to the lemon tart) and bake about another 20-25 minutes. Cool again and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Top with whipped cream and extra lime zest, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!