Monday, March 15, 2010

Creamy lemon tart with blueberries

This tart is another recipe from Gourmet Today. This book has a lot of fabulous dessert recipes, including a lot of tarts! I decided to try this tart because it was no-bake (except for the crust). Also, it seemed to be a lighter dessert and I like that it incorporated some fresh fruit. I am really loving my tart pan and am getting much better at getting the crust up the sides to stay and bake in place as well as be more even. My only complaint about this tart was that I didn't think it was very lemony (but others did). Also, I think that a little more filling would have been nice - just to fill up the crust a bit more. I think almost any berry or mixture of berries would make a good topping. I made a few changes to the recipe, which is below.

For the shell, I used the same graham cracker crust recipe as I did for my lime tart.
 

Creamy lemon tart filling
3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup light sour cream
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 8-oz package of light cream cheese, softened
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
about 1-2 cups of fresh blueberries

In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, sour cream, and vanilla until the brown sugar is dissolved (this will take a couple of minutes). In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixture until it is smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the sour cream mixture and 1 teaspoon of lemon zest and beat until just combined. Spread the filling evenly into the cooled tart shell. Top with blueberries and remaining 1 teaspoon of lemon zest.

Refrigerate until the mixture is cool and set, about 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!