Friday, November 26, 2010

Chocolate chip pumpkin bread

My husband reminded me recently that I hadn't made pumpkin bread yet this fall. I couldn't believe it. It's one of our favorites. This bread is so moist and so tasty. I don't remember where I originally found the recipe for this bread, but I've been making it for a few years now. I usually start making it in October, but this year I didn't get to it until the week of Thanksgiving (maybe it's because I've been making so many other pumpkin things lately). It was definitely as good as we remembered it! So if you have some pumpkin puree in your refrigerator that you need to use up, or you still haven't had your fill of pumpkin yet for the season, make some chocolate chip pumpkin bread. 

Chocolate chip pumpkin bread
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 large egg
1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan.

In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients (flour to cloves). In a large bowl, whisk together the the brown sugar, pumpkin puree, buttermilk, and egg until the sugar dissolves. Stir the dry ingredient into the wet using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. When they are almost combined add the walnuts and chocolate chips and stir until just combined.

Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for approximately 45-50 minutes, or until the bread is golden and an inserted toothpick comes out cleanly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!