Monday, March 14, 2011

Salted pistachio lassi


This cool and creamy drink has a slight saltiness to it and is a perfect addition to any spicy meal. I made this lassi to go with one of my favorite curries. I've made sweet lassis before with peaches, but this was the first salty lassi I had. It was different, especially with the nuts in it, but it was also good. Serve this lassi with a snack or as a drink to go with your next Indian-themed meal. This recipe will make two servings. 

Salted pistachio lassi 
1 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
2 teaspoons honey
1/4 cup roasted and salted pistachios

Place the pistachios in a food processor and pulse until the are fairly fine. Remove about two teaspoons of the pistachios and set aside.

Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and blend until well-combined.

Serve over ice, if desired and top with the reserved pistachios.

What was I cooking one year ago?: creamy lemon tart with blueberries

1 comment:

  1. I love pistachios! Sounds scrumptious with honey and ginger!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!