Monday, January 14, 2013

Event Round-up: Veggie/Fruit a Month [Dates]


Here is the round-up of date recipes I received for the Veggie/Fruit a Month event that a hosted in December. I find that dates are a perfect base for holiday dishes and treats, so that is why I picked them for the month of December. Unfortunately, I didn't receive many submissions, but that's OK. I know December tends to be a very busy month for many people. The recipes I did get look really fantastic though and I hope they encourage people to incorporate this delicious fruit into their cooking more often! 


The first is a Vegan Whole Wheat Walnut Dates Cake from Swathi of Taste De India. This cake looks really moist and perfectly spiced.


The next recipe is also from Swathi and Taste De India. It is for Dryfruit Nut Balls. These balls look so delicious and full of healthy ingredients! I love dried fruits.


Last is my recipe for Dates Stuffed with Cardamom Goat Cheese and Salted Pistachios. These little appetizers and a perfect bite of sweet, savory, and salty all in one. A couple other date recipes I've made are Sugar Plums and Date-Walnut Bars

11 comments:

  1. Great to get some date recipes. I have a half packet that needs using up - loving the idea of the pistachio, goats cheese and date combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious round-up! Will try these recipes coz my hubby loves dates. YUM ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh so many great recipes I want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good... I might have to give this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love dates in baked goods and treats! This is some awesome recipe inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the vegan whole wheat walnut and dates cake looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to use more date in my baking...thanks for the ideas Amy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice and healthy treats! I need to start using dates more often, they are so nutritious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful dishes Amy! Great round up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to use dates in baking. It adds to the texture and taste. The ever popular one is the sticky toffee pudding. It's so good. Looking at the pictures above, I'm drooling :D They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!