Monday, January 9, 2017

White chocolate pistachio pudding cookies


When I first started blogging, I really wasn't a huge baking fan. It was one of the things I wanted to work on and challenge myself to do more often. Well, in those 7 years, I've become very fond of baking, especially cookies and pie. I'm surprised by it, but also very glad. I made these cookies for a family gathering recently (is it too early for cookies already after all those Christmas cookies?). But, then the gathering ended up getting postponed, so my husband took a bunch to work and we will just have to suck it up and eat the rest, hahaha. I really love pistachios, so I was excited to try these cookies. I had pinned this recipe a long time ago and finally got around to making them. They are flavorful, moist, and chewy -- plus the pistachio pudding gives them a fun green color. This recipe will make about 3 dozen cookies. 


White chocolate pistachio pudding cookies
1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 box (3.4 oz) instant pistachio pudding mix
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar 
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/3 cup roughly chopped roasted and salted pistachios

Whisk together the flour through baking soda in a medium bowl and set aside. 

Cream together the sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla until well-combined. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients until combined.

Fold in the white chocolate chips and pistachios. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.

Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

Place the dough in round tablespoons about 1-inch apart on the baking sheets. Slightly flatten with your fingers. Bake for 8-10 minutes, just until the edges start to turn a little golden. Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Then place the cookies on a wire rack to fully cool. Repeat until all dough has been used.

Store cooled cookies in an airtight container.


What was I cooking one year ago?: pretzel crust pizza
Two years ago?: Chinese kabocha squash & sesame pancakes
Three years ago?: Saag paneer (w/ instructions for homemade paneer)
Four?: stout mac n' cheese
Five?: cheddar-broccoli soup
Six?: chana palak
7?: butternut squash Moroccan stew

9 comments:

  1. These cookies look utterly delicious with the add of white chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! i love pistachio too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen another recipe using pudding mix as an ingredient. So interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy, these cookies look fabulous! We really love pistachio's around here. They most definitely look moist and chewy and believe it or not, we are all out of Christmas cookies here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great combo! i'm constantly surprised by how many uses there are for pistachio pudding mix! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to bake. I find it very therapeutic. However my waist line does not! My kids could always tell when I was having a bad day becaue it usually meant cookies on the counter! These sound fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm an OK baker, but it's not my favorite thing to do in the kitchen. Mrs KR, on the other hand, is a superb baker, and loves it. So I'll tell her all about these so she can make them for me! :-) Really good -- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like you I very seldom baked until I started blogging, but unlike you, I'm still not much of a baker. Cookies are still my bugaboo, which is good since I LOVE cookies and if I could actually make a decent batch, I'd be making this tomorrow. Fabulous cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look absolutely, positively IRRESISTIBLE!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!